One Small Bite at a Time

Food can create memories that will last a lifetime, not only in flavor, but also the moments they are created and shared. My dream is to be able to create these moments and memories by the experiences of my "foodie chic" lifestyle through displaying essential ingredients and stages to having success in culinary school, the tastes of local restaurants, and the sharing and creating of recipes. Similar to an amuse bouche to a meal, a dream starts small and slowly grows into extraordinary.


Saturday, June 2, 2012

Jolly Pumpkin Visit

I have been so busy that it was nice to be able to sit down and enjoy a nice lunch with Jack on my day off. We had been wanting to go to the Jolly Pumpkin Microbrewery in Ann Arbor for years now and we finally made it. Trust me it was worth the wait. We had one of the best pizzas, salads, and beer that I have ever had. We had the grilled romaine salad with a warm potato crouton. It had grilled chicken, dried figs, toasted walnuts, and a roasted garlic dressing. This was a prefect taste of summer because of the charred taste on the romaine and also the chicken. The warm potato crouton was a perfect taste of comfort and warmth that was filled with not only potato but cheese and a crispy outside. Then the pizza we had was called the Truffle pizza. It had shiitake mushrooms, goat cheese, parmesan cheese, homemade mozzarella, truffle oil, and arugula lightly tossed in red wine vinaigrette served on a light and crispy homemade pizza dough. It was the best pizza I have ever had!!! I will attach the menu for the summer because they use the best, seasonal products so their menu changes often to make sure to incorporate that. My favorite beer they have is their farmhouse ale saison. It has a similar feel of champagne (my absolute favorite) and it is the perfect blend of favors. This time we ordered the farmhouse ale which was equally as good.

Here is the menu and I highly recommend it-http://www.jollypumpkin.com/annarbor/menu.htm.

Whether it be a lunch or dinner this is the perfect place for a delicious meal with fun atmosphere!

 xo

No comments:

Post a Comment