One Small Bite at a Time

Food can create memories that will last a lifetime, not only in flavor, but also the moments they are created and shared. My dream is to be able to create these moments and memories by the experiences of my "foodie chic" lifestyle through displaying essential ingredients and stages to having success in culinary school, the tastes of local restaurants, and the sharing and creating of recipes. Similar to an amuse bouche to a meal, a dream starts small and slowly grows into extraordinary.


Thursday, September 13, 2012

Breakfast Danishes Completed: Pictures Are Worth a Thousand Words

I have officially completed my first three weeks of my baking class and have enjoyed every second of it. As in my previous post, I began with breakfast danishes. I learned all about the dough lamentation process from the making of the dough to the rolling and filling of each different danishes and croissants. I also learned how to make brioche, yeast donuts, and sticky buns. It was definitely a fun filled station!! Words cannot describe how mouthwatering (if I do say so myself) each of the items look and taste so I think that visuals are so important. Here is my first three weeks of culinary school summed up in pictures-









I definitely plan to continue to practice these lovely danishes, too! Next station is Artisan Breads...let's see what that brings!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment